Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Summary of Posts & Highlights for 2012


In June 2012, this blog on Wellbeing in ATC was launched. It is the fruition of an idea that I had since 2006 that there are many issues other than the technical aspects in Air Traffic Control that we either take for granted or are ignorant about.  Using the principles that I had learned in the economics and psychology of organizations, I applied those principles to the organizational issues in ATC. 
The blog began with a definition of wellbeing in the context of Air Traffic Control. Throughout the next 25 posts to follow, I developed several aspects: the role of wellbeing in ATC, the bases for its existence and how it can be measured via data analyses. I also wrote about detractors to wellbeing and how we can objectively analyse these detractors or organizational inefficiencies. Using PBN as an example, I ended the year by showing that we also need to consider both the psychological and economic perspectives of even the technical issues in the organization of ATC.   
The 26 posts were published over a 4 month period: June, July, November and December with a break from July to October.
I posted an inventory link at the top of the blog to create a global database for reference and analyses. However the website was attacked by a virus and I lost about 100 records. A new inventory link is now functional. I have received 10 records thus far and hope that the number will increase by the end of March so that I can have a substantial data size to use as part of a study.
I am very pleased with the statistics for the blog. It has received viewings from at least 20 countries with the majority of viewers from the following countries: United States, France, India, Germany, Russia, Australia, Poland, Phillipines, United Kingdom and Trinidad and Tobago. 
I received appreciative notes from controllers and enthusiasts from the following countries in alphabetical order:  Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, France, Haiti, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Martinique, New York, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, and Ukraine.  
To the 3900 and more of you who view my blog and appreciate the research that I do, I say a heartfelt  "THANK YOU!"
I am happily commited to the research of organization in ATC and look forward to continuing this research in 2013! 
If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please feel free to contact me. 
Bonne semaine à tous!




Reddit Digg Share on Tumblr Delicious StumbleUpon Follow Me on Pinterest Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment