Saturday, June 2, 2012

Well-being Inventory of the Controller in Air traffic services (WICA 2012)


What is well-being  in Atc? Can well-being influence performance and productivity in Atc ? What makes a controller happy ? Is it more pay ? Is it better working conditions ? Are there elements of safety that can be applied to controller well-being ? Can a controller's view of the self affect the performance at work, the manner in which Atc is carried out and the interactions with others ? What is the link between organizational structure and the well-being of controllers ?
The survey above for controllers and ex-controllers will help us to explore the answers to those questions. The answers from the surveys will be used to construct a multifaceted index of well-being of controllers. I am testing the theory that Atc performance and organizational productivity is an interaction of features of organizational economics, behavioral economics and social psychology. I will present  the findings with the objective of motivating improvements and adjustments in the governance and organization of Atc units worldwide.


Here's a short about me:
I am an air traffic controller since 1999 with TTZP . I hold an MPhil degree in economics and psychology at Université de Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne. My first degree is a BSc(Hons) in International Relations and Economics from University of the West Indies, Trinidad. I also have a MSc in Economics from Université de Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne.  I  have committed myself to the research of Atc from an organizational economic standpoint as well as the behavorial economic and psychological perspectives. I intend to pursue a PhD studies with focus on psychoeconomic development and organization of Atc.
This is the link for the survey: 





Thank you very much guys and have a great day!
Reddit Digg Share on Tumblr Delicious StumbleUpon Follow Me on Pinterest Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment